From the town of Mount Laguna to intersection of highways 78 and 52
Town of Mount Laguna - Staging Area 1
- CAMPGROUND, Mount Laguna - I will stay in one of the campsites at this campground with my horses. Will stock up at the general store. Could get a cabin at the lodge if I need better rest or a motel room. Also will look into a place to board my horses for a couple nights while I rest if needed.
- Town of 57 people, mostly over 65 years of age. 6000 feet above sea level, at high point of a scenic drive on Sunrise Highway from Interstate 8 to Highway 79. Has small general store, rustic lodge and cabins, local restaurant, rural post office and campgrounds. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Laguna,_California
- Mount Laguna Mountain Lodge and Store - 10678 Sunrise Hwy PO Box 146 Mt. Laguna, CA 91948 619-473-8533. 7 days a week 9am-5pm PCT. 17 cabins and 12 motel units.
- Mount Laguna Campground - 104 campsites. Information Center on Laguna Mountain 619-473-8547. National Forest. Reservations at https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/232279
Additional Trails in this Area
- Burnt Rancheria to Cibbets Flat - 20miles round trip
- Desert View Trail - 1.3 mile loop
- Monument Peak - 3 mile round trip
- Foster Point - 1.3 miles round trip
- Oasis Springs - 2 miles round trip
- Big Laguna Trail Loop - 10 mile loop
- Indian Creek Loop - 8 mile loop
- Nobel Canyon Trail
- Garnet Creek Trail - 2.8 miles round trip
- Kwaaymii Point to Pioneer Mail - 1 mile round trip
- Kwaaymii Point to Sunrise Highway - 10 mile round trip
town of Mount Laguna - Staging Area 2
MILES 27-32 (1-5)
MILES 5 - 10
MILES 32-37 (5 - 10)
MILES 37-42 (10 - 15)
see the trail!
Erin turned each week of her ride into a video, showing the terrain and some of her adventures along the way. Check out the videos here...
- Mile 1 - 125
- Mile 125 - 250
- Mile 250-400
- mile 400-450
You can also jump ahead by going to: